Well, after three weeks, I must say I am digging my new way of living. This morning when I weighed myself, I discovered that I have lost 10 pounds!
The first week was rough since I caught the keto flu, but after, I realized I was dehydrated and discovered I needed electrolytes, I added my own version of a power drink to my diet, and the symptoms quickly disappeared.
I had a rough day my second week when I went out to eat because I did not plan my meal ahead of time. Now, I have learned to look at a menu ahead of time.
To prepare for the new school year in August, I have found easy recipes that I can make on the weekends and meals I can prepare in the crockpot. For me, I have found planning is key.
I have discovered some wonderful perks along the way…
- I am not constantly hungry.
- I have more energy.
- I am sleeping better at night and wake refreshed.
- My levels of pain due to a back injury have decreased, especially my arthritis symptoms.
- I have enjoyed mental clarity.
- I believe I am keeping Type II Diabetes at bay, especially since Type I runs in my family.
- I am losing inches. My pants are baggy, and my T-shirts hang off my shoulders!
- I look forward to becoming more active.
- I have hope for a healthy and happy future.
Lookin’ on the bright side,