One simple and easy low carb food that I like to make is deviled eggs. I can enjoy them for breakfast or lunch, or even as a snack. They are perfect for the dog days of summer when it’s sizzling outside, and no one wants to heat up the kitchen.
I double this recipe to keep them handy, especially on those days that are crazy busy.
- 6 hardboiled eggs
- 1/4 cup of Kraft Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon of French’s Yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon of pickle juice
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of paprika
- After peeling the eggs, cut in half lengthwise
- remove yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a plate
- Mash the yolks with a fork
- Add Miracle Whip, mustard, pickle juice, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Place heaping teaspoons of the yolk mixture onto the egg whites.
- Sprinkle with just a dash
- Makes12 servings
- 20 calories
- fat 1.6
- carbs .5
- protein .65